Monday, September 14, 2015

Que Sera, Sera


Hey everyone! I hope you're all doing well. 
For the last couple of months, I've been staring at my closet and it's been rather difficult to decide on what to wear. I've grown tired of most clothes in my wardrobe and figured that my style has evolved throughout the past few years. I didn't want to face it, I've grown attached and they have sentimental value to me- but it's time to move on. 


You know that it's time to give away an item of clothing when you haven't worn it in months and it's just sitting in your closet. Some of my clothes have been sitting around since high school (yes, it's that bad)...


My style in three words: minimalistic, timeless, and chic.
I find that my outfits become very cluttered when I try too hard to keep up with trends. It becomes very distracting when every part of the outfit is flashy; so my advice is to choose one statement piece and let that piece rock.


Eyelet Top: H&M | Pants: H&M | Sandals: Call It Spring

Just like how I had to move on from my clothes from high school, I've learned to let go of the past, be it from years ago or a few weeks ago. 
You've got to welcome change into your life. It may be difficult especially if you like being safe and having structure, and it may be scary to welcome something foreign- but how else will you grow? 
Don't back away just because you're scared! :)

Love, 

Nydia