Thursday, April 5, 2018

A Breath of Fresh Air / How to Pair an All White Outfit



I'm not sure about you guys, but the weather here in New York has been so inconsistent these days. One day, it would feel warm and temperate, and the next day, I would wake up to a blanket of snow covering everything outside of my dorm room windows. For the most part, I dress like a fluffy marshmallow to keep warm during the very brisk days, but I've been taking advantage of the few days where it actually felt like Spring by wearing some light, breathable, outfits- free of the restriction of not being able to move swiftly from my thick winter coats.




When paring this white netted tank top from Urban Outfitters with my sweats from Uniqlo (on sale for $14.90 rn!), I made sure to check that the shades of the whites matched. When making an all white outfit, make sure to check that both items are a similar (if not the same) shade of white. When in doubt, ask yourself if the shade of white looks more like yellow/cream or blue. The last thing you want is to pair a creamy, off-white color with a white that resembles more closely to the actual white shade that is #FFFFFF. I put a reference picture of some shades of white so you could see for yourself that there are many shades of it! The differences between them are small, but the impact it makes on your all white outfit will be easily noticeable. 

photo from bayleaf.me


I personally really like that the top is tight because it gives me the shape that the sweats take away. Pairing a baggy top with baggy bottom is also a look, but it just wasn't what I was going for that day.


I paired the rest of this look with my sock heels from Aerosoles and a denim jacket from Levis. I've been loving this sporty-chic look and find that it gives me the perfect balance between that "Classy Manhattan Girl" and "Cool Urban Tomboy" style I like. I also can't believe I just made up those two categories of style haha, it was the best way I could possibly put it!


To accessorize this look, I wore the gold necklace I wear every other day from Most Jewelry, and put on my hoop earrings I got from the Bershka store in Prague (from when I studied abroad!)


Photographed by Bryan Sison
Netted tank top: Urban Outfitters (similar here)
Sweatpants: Uniqlo
Necklace: Most Jewelry
Sock boots: Aerosoles (similar here)

Thank you for reading! Love you guys! 

Follow me on social media: